Saturday, April 14, 2012

'Mothers Day' Tag Swap

Hi Everyone, I've been really busy lately, end of year for work accounts to get up to date.  Have just finished making some Tags for a swap with Kim aka MoeScrap on the Paperphenomenon site. www.paperphenomenon.com The swap theme is 'Mothers Day' First time I've done anything like this & it was great fun.  There are 8 of us taking part so I had to send 7 all the same over to the USA. 
I am also using my one for a Frilly & Funkie Challenge.
So here are some photos of the creation of my tag.
First I used Antique Linen Distress Stain all over the tag, then used Vintage Photo for added colour stamped with Gathered Twigs.

Embossing with my Vagabond.

Inking over embossing with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.  Also added Black Soot around the edge.

Inked white trim with Distress Stains

I printed a verse onto some book cloth with my inkjet printer, then stitched it onto two pieces of muslin that I had coloured with Distress Stain. Added four brads to the corners, then attached it with some ScorTape to my tag.

<><><><><><><><><><><><>
Here I used Archival Ink for the stamp and then used the water colour technique using Distress Ink pad and some Distress Stain as well.

Then to age it I used Distress Ink in Antique Linen & went over the entire image. I then cut them out and went around the edges with a black ink pen.





Made a little tag for the back with my details on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome comments